902 Man Up providing a consistent voice of leadership, advocacy & change.
902 Man Up consists of over 100 Black male volunteers from all social groups within the historically black communities in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
- Increase Mentorship
- Challenging black men to promote a positive lifestyle
- Educational Support
- Community Service
- Support our men behind the walls
- Bringing the community together through various events and venues to identify accurate supports for our communities
- Creating a community awareness that 902 Man Up are engaged black male citizens, family members and leaders
- There has been a lack of positive imagery in the public but 902 Man Up will showcase the positive images through cultural, educational, panel discussions and scholarship incentives
- To promote venues for accurate feedback on how our community supports community moving forward for our children’s future
- Increase programming and membership at large across the province is a major responsibility.
- Leadership in all aspects of our community through mentorship, sport, modelling development camps and youth initiatives
- To develop an infrastructure to provide Professional Development for the Executive, Operation chairpersons & regular members.
- To address the need for youth oriented programming selling our product to students.